The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 is currently accepting applications. We will go over the details of this scholarship program, its perks, and the application procedure in this article.
- Status: Active
- Deadline: September 21, 2022
|April to September 2022||Applicants seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines).|
|September 21, 2022|
|Deadline for complete application submission|
|October to December 2022||Evaluation of applications|
|Mid-February 2023||Anticipated notification of results. Applicants will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|April to October 2023||Payments begin|
International students can apply for the fully funded Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program in Canada 2023. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships will pay $70,000 each year for two years to the recipient.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program funds the top postdoctoral candidates from around the country and around the world who will make a beneficial contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress.
Every year, seventy new two-year fellowships will be awarded by Canada’s three government funding agencies: the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) (SSHRC).
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to help establish world-class research capacity by attracting top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers at a competitive funding level. The goal is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent from across the country and around the world, to develop their leadership potential and position them for success as tomorrow’s research leaders, positively contributing to Canada’s economic, social, and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- For a period of two years, the candidate will receive up to $70,000 per year in funding.
- Every year, 70 fellowships are awarded out.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and before the commencement date of their grant, applicants to the 2023 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have satisfied all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree.
- Applicants who have not completed all of their degree requirements at the time of application must submit proof by October 15, 2022.
- The eligibility window only applies to the most recent PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree for applicants who have completed more than one.
- Please see further information on the eligibility conditions.
How to Apply
How do I apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships? To apply for this fellowship, please follow the steps below:
- Confirm if your prospective university to see if they are eligible to host a Banting Fellow before applying. If you want to be hosted at a Canadian institution, go to the Universities Canada website and look up the list of Canadian research institutions and their research areas.
- Make contact with the host institution/supervisor of your choice.
- Applications must be performed in collaboration with the possible host university.
- The head of the institution must endorse the applicant (equivalent or designate).
- Applicants are responsible for providing the papers required for their proposed institution and referees to compose their letters.
- Applicants and their host institution should discuss the following topics from the start of the application process:
- The fellowship’s specifics -appointment Any benefits available to the Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Any financial responsibilities incurred as a result of the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
- Any research and/or any assistance that may be available
- Postdoctoral researchers’ rights and obligations
- Any other institution-specific restrictions that a Banting postdoctoral researcher might be subject to
- Create an account with the Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet.
- To register, make sure you have the following or click the links below:
- Here is a link to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s ResearchNet account, which is a web-based application tool and grant opportunity/decision database.
- CIHR PIN — a one-of-a-kind personal identification number necessary to apply for this program online.
- CCV account — a web-based solution that allows you to store all of your CV data in one place and produce CVs as needed for all of our member organizations.
- Here is where you can start a ResearchNet application. The following forms must be completed by the applicant:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Letter of endorsement from institution
- Supervisor’s statement
Please check the official website for additional information on the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.