Applications are currently open for the Beijing Government Scholarship program. This article will go through the details of the scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Beijing Government Scholarship 2023-2024. The Beijing Municipal Education Commission has set out 35 million Yuan (US$5 million) for the scholarship. The scholarship is divided into three categories, the highest of which awards each recipient ¥40,000 (US$5,700).
The Beijing Municipal Government has established a scholarship fund for international students and intellectuals in Beijing, which is the first of its type in China. Although the government funds the award, individuals, businesses, and organizations are encouraged to donate to the scholarship fund in the future.
The Beijing Government Scholarship aims to increase the number of international students studying in Beijing, thereby promoting the internationalization of Beijing’s higher education.
Beijing Government Scholarship Benefits
Only the tuition fees are covered by the Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students 2023. The stipends for scholarship students is divided into five categories based on the status of the applicants:
- Doctoral degree: 40,000 RMB per year
- Master’s degree: 30,000 RMB per year
- Bachelor’s degree: 20,000 RMB per year
- Senior training program or a long-term language program: 10,000 RMB per year.
- Exchange students or students who have made remarkable contributions to international education in Beijing are eligible for a yearly stipend of 5,000 RMB.
- Applicants for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees at Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region should apply for a scholarship with a maximum term of four years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced courses at Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region should apply for a scholarship that lasts less than a year.
- Scholars and international students seeking specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region should apply for a scholarship that lasts less than a year.
- Exchange students or students who have made significant contributions to international education in Beijing should apply for a scholarship that lasts less than a year.
Beijing Government Scholarship Requirements
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for Beijing Government Scholarship 2023:
- Language proficiency requirements for applicants are based on academic program requirements and are decided by the particular higher learning institution.
- All countries in the world are eligible, with the exception of Chinese people.
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health are eligible to apply.
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must be under the age of 30 and have graduated senior high school with good grades.
- Applicants pursuing master’s degree programs in Beijing must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years old.
- Doctoral degree applicants in Beijing must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years old.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have a bachelor’s degree or be in their second year of university study and be under 50 years old.
- Long-term language study applicants must have a high school diploma and be under 60 years old.
- Candidates for visiting scholar positions in Beijing must have a master’s degree or higher, as well as academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under 50 years old.
- Meeting the university’s and program’s entry requirements.
- Applicants should not be recipients of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
How to Apply for Beijing Government Scholarship
What can I apply for applying the Beijing Government Scholarship? To apply for a Beijing Government Scholarship 2023, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- From this list, choose a university that offers the Beijing Government Scholarship.
- Once you’ve decided on a university in Beijing, go to their website for “International Students” and look for the Scholarships tab.
- Click on Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship in the Scholarships Section. Here you’ll find the complete procedure guide for that specific Beijing University, including application forms and a list of required documents, but for a general overview, see the steps below:
- Documents Needed for Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Beijing Government Scholarship Application Form (available at Beijing institutions or on the school’s website)
- Most recent diploma and transcript (notarized photocopy).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form Photocopy (printed by the Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of study in China is six months or greater).
- Applicants for a degree or specialized research should submit either a study plan (no more than 400 words) or a research plan (no more than 800 words).
- Personal works are required of applicants for music and fine arts.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit legal documents from their Chinese legal guardians.
- Documents are submitted by applicants to the Chinese government office in charge of sending international students to China, relevant offices in the applicants’ home country, or Chinese diplomatic missions or embassies in the applicants’ home country.
- Applicants may submit documents directly to Chinese institutions in Beijing.
Please visit the official website of the Beijing Government Scholarship for further information.