Applications are currently available for the University of the Central South University Scholarship 2023. We will go over the details of this scholarship program, its benefits, and the application procedure in this article.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Central South University Scholarship 2023 for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees students. Tuition, on-campus housing, medical insurance payments, and a monthly stipend will all be covered by these scholarships.
Central South University has been improving its talent training strategy because it promotes moral teaching and high-quality cultivation. It has more than 55,000 full-time students, including more than 34,000 undergraduates, 20,000 graduate students, and almost 1,647 international students. The institution offers 57 nationally recognized courses, as well as eight national teaching teams and eight national experimental teaching demonstration centers.
Central South University is a public university that welcomes all students. It has long-term relationships with over 200 universities and research institutes in over 30 countries (including the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Japan, Australia, and Russia) as well as extensive industry-university-research collaboration with a large number of multinational corporations. More than 100 countries and regions send students here to study.
The Central South University Scholarship will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition, on-campus housing, medical insurance payments, and a monthly stipend are all covered by the full scholarship.
- Tuition, on-campus housing, and medical insurance payments are covered by the partial scholarship.
To be eligible for the Central South University Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Non-Chinese citizens who are in good health and have no criminal records.
- Applicants for a Bachelor’s degree should have a high school diploma or its equivalent and be between the ages of 18 and 25; for a Master’s degree, candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and be between the ages of 18 and 35; and for a Doctorate degree, candidates should have a master’s degree or its equivalent and be between the ages of 18 and 40. Applicants under the age of 18 must be at least 16 years old and live in China with an approved guardian.
- Postgraduate applicants must have a solid academic background and the ability to conduct innovative research.
- Some programs have specific admission requirements, and applicants must meet these requirements before applying.
Students applying to Chinese-taught programs should have a minimum HSK4 score of 220 for science and engineering programs and 260 for arts, social science, and medical programs (a minimum HSK5 score of 200 for bachelor of Chinese language and literature degrees).
Students who do not meet the Chinese language requirement must take a one-year Chinese language preparatory course and meet the HSK standard before beginning their programs.
Students applying to English-taught programs should have a minimum IELTS score of 6 or TOFEL score of 85.
Applicants who meet one of the following criteria are free from having to demonstrate their linguistic ability:
- Candidates whose first language is Chinese or English, or whose country’s official language is Chinese or English.
- Candidates who have completed a degree program with Chinese or English as the primary teaching language.
How to Apply
How can I apply for Central South University scholarship 2023? To apply for the Central South University Scholarship 2023, please follow the requirements below:
- Log on to the university’s website and begin filling out the application.
- Submit the following materials to the university as part of your application:
- a copy of your passport (Over one-year availability)
- a photocopy of the PDF file containing the results of the Physical Examination. Applicants should be thoroughly examined in compliance with the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners requirements. A form that is incomplete is considered invalid. After December 1, 2022, the examination will take place.
- a photocopy of highest graduation certificate or Chinese/English-translated certificate that has been notarized. If the applicant is a current student, the school’s pre-graduation certificate is necessary.
- Notarized Chinese/English-translated transcript or a stamped transcript of the highest diploma.
- Officially stamped non-criminal record or Chinese/English-translated document. The issue date shall be after December 1, 2022.
- For Chinese-taught programs, you’ll need an HSK transcript, and for English-taught programs, you’ll need an IELTS/TOEFL score or other documentation to verify your linguistic proficiency.
- Two different letters of recommendation from professors/associate professors, each with full contact information. The signature date must be after December 1, 2022. (Only applicable to graduate candidates).
- A study plan of at least 800 words is required. Please explain your research methodology, content, and significance, among other things. (Only applicable graduate students).
- Published essays or any other supporting materials, such as Acceptance Letter Format (only applicable to graduate students)
- The applicant’s identification, language competence, physical and mental conditions, and other factors will be reviewed by the School of International Education. After the applicants pass the initial review, he can proceed to pay the RMB 500 application fee through the CSU’s unified payment platform (WeChat, Alipay, and UnionPay are all accepted); If you do not pay the application fee within two weeks, your application will be canceled. There is no need to pay the application fee if you do not pass the initial evaluation.
- Academic Review: Applicants will be subjected to an academic review by relevant schools, which will analyze their academic qualifications, scientific research skills, and potential for innovation.
- Release of Result: The final admission result will be sent out via admission email based on the application and review scenario. The final finance assistance is dependent on the received admission email! In addition, the admission notice and visa application form will be sent in the appropriate manner. The Central South University China International Student Service System will notify you of your application status. Please check your inbox in the Application System and your email on a regular basis.
- Yearly Review: All scholarship students will get an annual review based on their academic and everyday performance over the previous academic year, and students who pass the review will continue to receive the scholarship. The scholarship will be revoked if the student does not pass the review.
- The above-mentioned documents must be provided in either English or Chinese. Any materials written in a language other than Chinese or English should be notarized in Chinese or English.
An applicant (whose one parent or both parents are Chinese citizens settling abroad) born with a foreign nationality applying for admission as a foreign student must have held a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than 4 years, and must have lived abroad for more than 2 years in the previous 4 years (up to April 30 in the year of admission) (the actual residence for 9 months in a year can be calculated as 1 year). The estimate is based on the stamps of entry and exit. The renunciation of Chinese nationality must be documented.
- Regardless of admissions results, application costs and materials will not be refunded, and most prospective applicants will be enrolled based on the application materials. The admittance email, not the system interface or the one you applied for, determines the ultimate financial support. Please check the email you have received.
- The application review will be postponed due to the winter holiday period, which runs from January 26 to February 27. The initial evaluation usually takes 2-4 weeks, and the academic review is usually scheduled by the relevant school.
Please visit the official website of the Central South University Scholarship for additional information.