Applications are currently open for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2023 in France. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its benefits, the application process and the Emile Boutmy Scholarship requirements in this article.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Emile Boutmy Scholarship for 2023-2024 academic year by the Science Po in France. This scholarship can be used for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral study. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is worth up to €19,000 per year.
- Program: Undergraduate, Master’s & PhD
- Deadline: November 2023 for Masters & February 2023 Undergraduate
Undergraduate studies at Sciences Po include a three-year social science curriculum. These programs lead to a Bachelor’s degree and are open to students holding a Baccalauréat (or a foreign equivalent).
The Graduate Schools of Sciences Po provide two-year programs leading to a Master’s degree in a variety of professional specializations.
Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2023 Benefits
The following are the benefits of the Emile Boutmy Scholarship:
The Emile Boutmy scholarship is given to students who are starting their first year at Sciences Po. The Emile Boutmy program is available in a variety of formats:
- A tuition award of €7,300 each year for the three years of the undergraduate degree, plus a grant of €5000 per year to help with living expenses.
- A €7,300 a year tuition grant for the three years of the undergraduate degree.
- A €5,000 annual tuition subsidy for the three years of the undergraduate degree.
- A €3,000 annual tuition subsidy for the three years of the undergraduate program.
A scholarship of 19,000€ may be awarded on an extraordinary basis to cover the three years of college. Scholarship amounts are determined by several entrance juries.
Your scholarship will be forfeited if you do not confirm your academic year.
If you are awarded a scholarship and opt to defer your admission, you will forfeit your scholarship.
Scholarship awardees will keep their tuition fee grant and an additional cost of living grant during their year abroad (third year of an undergraduate degree) if applicable.
The Emile Boutmy scholarship is given to students starting their first year at Sciences Po. There are two forms of the Emile Boutmy program:
- A €10,000 annual scholarship to cover tuition fees for the two years of the Master’s program.
- A €5,000 per year tuition subsidy for the two years of the Master’s program.
- Your scholarship will be forfeited if you do not prove your academic year. If you have been awarded a scholarship and opt to defer your admission, you will forfeit your scholarship.
Emile Boutmy Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- English is required.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
The following students are not eligible:
- Applicants from Switzerland and Norway may be eligible for CROUS scholarships.
- Candidates with dual nationality, including EU citizenship.
- Master’s degree candidates from Quebec (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Bachelor’s degree candidates from Quebec are eligible.
- Dual-degree candidates at the master’s level. Only applicants for the dual degrees listed below are eligible:
- Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University combined degree
- the joint degree Sciences Po/Fudan University in Global Affairs with the emphasis Europe-Asia (only applicants with Chinese nationality).
- Sciences Po/Peking University dual degree (only applicants with Chinese nationality).
- Students in Ph.D. programs (thesis).
- Candidates for Master’s programs lasting one year.
- Dual-degree candidates with a bachelor’s degree (unless as part of a specific agreement).
- Students on exchange.
- Applicants who apply through the French graduate admissions process.
- Candidates cannot apply for both the CSC combined scholarship and the Emile Boutmy Simple Scholarship at the same time.
Unless the jury decides otherwise, the Emile Boutmy scholarship cannot be paired with any other scholarship (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF scholarship, etc.).
This scholarship is offered on the basis of merit and the type of profile desired for this program. Social factors are also taken into consideration.
Candidates must declare their desire to apply directly in their online bachelor’s or master’s application form to be considered for this scholarship.
How to apply Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2023
What is the Emile Boutmy Scholarship application process? To apply for this scholarship, please follow the application steps below:
- In the “Financial details” part of their Sciences Po application, students must specify that they are applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship.
- Please note that applicants may be required to present proof of income and documents describing their family situation (e.g., both parents’ income tax returns, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, alimony, child support, or retirement pensions paperwork, death certificate…).
- Before the scholarship application deadline, applicants must additionally attach their language test, if necessary.
- Emile Boutmy scholarships are given out by the Admissions Department. Please keep in mind that your scholarship application will only be considered if you are accepted into one of the eligible programs.
Please visit the official website for more information about the Emile Boutmy Scholarship.