Do you want to begin your academic journey in Japan?. There’s good news! Scholarships from the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation are currently available. In this post, we will go through the benefits of the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Award, and the in-depth application process.
This scholarship is available to international students who are enrolled in or planning to enroll in a Japanese graduate school for a doctorate or master’s degree. Applications from outside Japan are acceptable as long as the applicant has been accepted to a Japanese graduate institution. All nationalities and research fields are encouraged to participate. Applicants do not need to be pre-selected by the institution to apply to the foundation.
For the 2023-2024 academic session, the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is offering fully funded scholarships to international students. This scholarship is available for master’s and doctorate degree students. Honjo Scholarships provide a monthly stipend, as well as housing and travel expenses to an international conference.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was established to provide scholarships to bright students who are struggling to study in various conditions in developing countries, as well as to Japanese students studying abroad, in order to help them learn advanced technologies and improve their good intentions. Honjo International Scholarship Foundation will serve as a bridge connecting Japan with the rest of the world in terms of culture and mutual friendships.
International students can apply for Honjo International Foundation 2023 Scholarships in Japan. Graduate level program(s) in all the courses taught at Japanese Universities are eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship deadline is April 1st – 30th, 2023.
If you are a foreign student seeking a funded scholarship to pursue a graduate degree at any Japanese university, then this scholarship will cover a portion of your expenses in Japan. You can apply to any university in Japan.
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is awarding scholarships to international graduate students in Japan. The scholarship is exclusively available to international students who are currently studying or planning to study for a master’s or doctoral degree in Japan.
Applicants can apply from anywhere in the world as long as they are prepared to study in a Japanese graduate school. Students of any country are welcome to apply in any field. Alternatively, applicants can apply through the foundation and then choose their preferred university.
Honjo International Foundation 2023 Scholarships in Japan are available to study at Japanese universities at the graduate level.
Benefits of Honjo International Foundation 2023
The scholarship will be paid every month for the minimum amount of time required to complete the degree. The amount of the scholarship varies depending on the period, as shown below:
- For 1-2 years course, you’ll be paid ¥200,000 per month.
- For 3 years course, you’ll be paid ¥180,000 per month.
- For 4-5 years course, you’ll be paid ¥150,000 per month.
- Travel expenses for attending an international conference.
- Lots of other benefits.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Scholarship Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships:
- English and Japanese are required languages.
- All countries in the world and student who does not have Japanese nationality are eligible to apply.
- A student enrolled in a professional graduate school is not qualified to apply in principle. Students who can submit a research plan, on the other hand, are qualified to apply.
- To be considered for a PhD program, the student must have been born after August 31, 1985. A master’s program applicant must have been born after August 31, 1990.
- After graduation, the student should have a strong desire to serve in his or her own nation. This does not imply that he or she will have a job lined up before graduation from university or that he or she would return to his or her native country immediately.
- The student must have a strong grasp of international friendship and goodwill, as well as attend Foundation’s events and participate in the network as an alumni member.
- He/she must be able to communicate in Japanese on a daily basis. They will be interviewed in Japanese with no exceptions.
- Download the Guidelines here for further information.
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Scholarship
To apply for the International Student Scholarship, kindly follow the steps below:
- Make sure you’re qualified to apply.
- Enter the “web application system.” Complete the application form and attach the relevant documents.
- Academic transcript: Undergraduate course transcript from the university where you graduated AND any other courses you are presently studying or have previously taken. If you are transferring to the university, you will require your former school’s transcript. All applicants must submit at least one of the documents. Photocopies are allowed.
- Scholarship application form, a résumé, and a personal information form (all three pages in one set); make sure your photo is attached to the application form. Download the forms listed above from the website. Fill these out in Japanese, either typed or by hand.
- Research Plan: Describe your research in Japanese, emphasizing on the following four points:
- an outline of your research;
- a predicted timeline between now and graduation;
- future aims and goals;
- previous research (if any). It is preferable to have 2-4 pages. It’s possible to have it typed or handwritten.
- One letter of recommendation from a Professor. (The applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and future potential should all be mentioned in this confidential letter.) There are no restrictions on the number of pages or the style of writing. You might ask your former academic supervisor for a recommendation letter if he or she knows a lot about you.
- A letter of admission or a certificate of enrollment. If the entrance examination has not yet been held, or the successful candidates of the entrance examination have not yet been declared, write down the scheduled date of the examination or the publication of the result on the bottom of the application form before applying for this scholarship. Please send a certificate of current enrollment if you are already enrolled in graduate school. (Photocopies are accepted).
- Please prepare documentation in Japanese OR English. Please send a Japanese OR English translation if your documents are in another language.
- The application number will be issued once the documents are submittec, and a PDF of your application form will be created. Please keep the PDF file since you will need it when the result is announced on the official website.
The online application system’s instructions are in both English and Japanese. The functions of the online application system may be disrupted if you have an auto-translation system installed on your device. When you log in to the web application system, please disable the auto-translation system. Goodluck!