Applications are currently ongoing for the Hubei Government Scholarship program. This article will go through the details of the scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Hubei Government Scholarship 2023-2024. The Beijing Municipal Education Commission has set out 35 million yuan (US$5 million) for the scholarship. The scholarship is divided into three categories, the highest of which awards each recipient 40,000 yuan (US$5,700).
Hubei is one of China’s most developed provinces in terms of education and research. There are more than 120 higher education institutions in the country, including two of China’s Top Ten Universities (Wuhan University and Huazhong University of Science and Technology), as well as seven significant universities recognized in the National 211 Project.
By the end of 2010, the number of undergraduate students in Hubei’s higher education institutions had risen to 1.4 million, while the number of postgraduate students had risen to 103 thousand.
Hubei Government Scholarship 2023 Details | Fully Funded
Hubei Government Scholarship 2023 Benefits:
There are five types of Hubei Provincial Government Scholarships:
- Undergraduate scholarships worth ¥10,000 per year
- Graduate scholarships worth ¥15,000 per year
- Doctoral scholarships worth ¥20,000 per year.
- General Scholar Scholarship worth ¥5,000 per 6 months or ¥10,000 per year;
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship worth ¥10,000 per 6 months or ¥20,000 per year.
Hubei Government Scholarship 2023 Duration:
- Applicants for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: scholarship duration should be less than four years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the scholarship period should be less than one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: scholarship duration should be less than one year.
- Exchange students or students who have made outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the scholarship should be for less than a year.
Hubei Government Scholarship 2023 Universities:
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Central China Normal University
- Wuhan University of Technology
- China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law
- Huazhong Agricultural University
- South-Central University for Nationalities
- Hubei University
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology
- Yangtze University
- Jianghan University
- Hubei University of Technology
- Wuhan Institute of Technology
- Wuhan Textile University
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine
- Wuhan Polytechnic University
- Hubei University of Automobile Technology
- Hubei University for Nationalities
- Hubei University of Medicine
- Hubei University of Economics
- Wuhan Institute of Physical Education
- Hubei Institute of Fine Arts
- Wuhan Conservatory of Music
Hubei Government Scholarship 2023 Requirements
To be eligible for a Hubei Government Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Language proficiency requirements for applicants are based on academic program requirements and are decided by the particular higher learning institution.
- All countries in the world are eligible, with the exception of China.
- Applicants must be foreign citizens with a valid passport who are friendly with China.
- Applicants must be well-behaved, hardworking, have an excellent academic record, and be in good health.
- Undergraduate scholarship applicants must be below the age of 25 and have a degree equivalent to a Chinese high school diploma or higher.
- Graduate Scholarship applicants must be below the age of 30 and have a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctorate Scholarship applicants must be below the age of 35 and have a master’s degree.
- All General Scholar Scholarship applicants must be under the age of 40, and Chinese language scholars must have a Higher School Diploma or higher. Professional scholars must have a bachelor’s degree or higher, or be university students in grade 2 or higher.
- Applicants for the Advanced Scholar Scholarship must have a master’s degree or higher, as well as an associate professor title or higher, and be below the age of 50.
- Applicants receive no financial assistance from the Chinese government or other organizations.
- Meeting the applied university’s and program’s entry requirements.
Hubei Government Scholarship 2023 Application Process
What is the procedure for applying for a Hubei Government Scholarship? To apply for a Hubei Government Scholarship, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Choose a university that offers the Hubei Government Scholarship (List of universities is given above)
- Once you’ve decided on a university in Hubei, go to their website under “International Students” and look for the Scholarships tab.
- Click on Hubei Municipal Government Scholarship in the Scholarships Section. Here you’ll find the complete procedure guide for that specific Hubei University, including application forms and a list of required documents, but for a general overview, see the steps below:
- Documents Needed for the Hubei Municipal Government Scholarship:
- Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship Application Form
- Notarized highest diploma
- Notarized transcript or certificate of job title
- Letter of Recommendation
- Health Certificate
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit the legal documents of their Chinese legal guardians in order to be considered.
- Fill out the online application form for the university you want to study at if it is required by the university.
- Find the university’s mailing address so that you can send your admission documents there.
Please visit the official website of Hubei Government Scholarship for further information.