Study at participating universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. There’s good news! The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is presently accepting applications. We will go over the details of this scholarship program, its perks, and the application process in this article.
A fully funded masters scholarship for international students is available under the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023. The complete tuition fee, housing, economy class air travel, and monthly living stipend will be covered by the JJ/WBGSP scholarship.
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023 is accessible to women and men from developing countries who are applying to a master’s degree program in a development-related field and have relevant professional experience and a history of contributing to their countries’ development efforts.
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 26 Participating Programs in essential areas of development, such as economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management, at universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. If you are not accepted into one of these programs, you are not eligible for a JJWBGSP Scholarship 2023. After graduation, students from developing countries are determined to returning home to employ their new skills and contribute to their countries’ cultural and economic growth.
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program provides the following incentives to the recipient:
- At the start of your study program and shortly following the completion of the scholarship period, you will fly in economy class between your home country and the host university. In addition to round-trip plane travel, scholars will receive a $500 travel stipend for each trip.
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance purchased via the university.
- a monthly subsistence grant to cover all living expenses while on campus during the scholarship period (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The allowance amount varies according to the host country.
All JJWBGSP scholarships are for the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever comes first.
The JJWBGSP scholarship 2023 does not cover the following expenses:
- The cost of a VISA application
- Expenses associated with bringing and/or supporting a scholar’s family;
- Courses or training outside of the classroom;
- Courses that do not meet the graduate degree’s minimal credit requirements;
- Language training not made available by the graduate studies;
- Expenditure on travel during the duration of the program of study;
- Expenses for research, supplemental instructional materials, field excursions, workshop/seminar participation, or internships; or Academic laptops.
- Fee for a resident permit
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Holding dual citizenship in any civilized country is not permitted;
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- Have a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree that was acquired at least three years prior to the Application Deadline;
- After receiving a Bachelor’s (or similar) degree, have 3 years or more of recent development-related employment experience;
- At the time of applying for the scholarship, you must be working in a paid full-time development-related employment. Only developing country nationals from countries on the current list of Fragile and Conflict States offered to applicants in the Application Guidelines are exempt from this criterion.
- At the time of applying for the scholarship, you must be working in a paid full-time development-related employment. Only developing country nationals from countries on the revised list of Fragile and Conflict States issued to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships are exempt from this criterion.
- Be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJWBGSP preferred university master’s programs and located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens on or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date. Before submitting your application, you must upload your admission letter.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any World Bank Group appointment, or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption, with “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; Please notice that all qualifying requirements are rigorously followed. There are no exceptions. During an open call for applications, the eligibility conditions will not alter. However, between the closing of one application procedure and the opening of the next, this information is subject to change.
How to Apply for JJWBGSP Scholarship 2023
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the following steps:
- To begin, you must apply to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Programs for admission. Inquiries about how to apply for a partner program’s admissions should be directed to the appropriate university.
- From this page, you can create an account on the scholarship website to apply for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023.
Please visit the official website of the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program for additional information.