International students are invited to apply for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023. This article will go over the details of the fellowship, its rewards, and the application procedure in depth.
International students are eligible to apply for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2023 Canada. The scholarship includes a $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, as well as a $4,000 travel research allowance over two years and numerous other incentives.
The Killam Scholarship was established in memory of Izaak Walton Killam by his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, through her Will and gifts made during her lifetime. Their main goal is to help promote advanced education and research via five Canadian institutions and the Canada Council for the Arts.
The Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies awards the UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships every year in most fields of study. Mrs. Killam hoped that recipients of the fellowships would “be inclined to support the development of study or achieve distinction in the industry.”
The KILLAM Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 provides the following incentives to the recipient:
- A $50,000 stipend every year for a maximum of two years
- Over the course of two years, a $4,000 travel research allowance will be provided.
KILLAM Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility
Applicants for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship must meet the following requirements:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- You must not have studied for a PhD at any of the University of British Columbia’s campuses.
- Must have completed all PhD requirements not more than 2 years prior to the projected start date of the fellowship.
- A tenure-track or continuing faculty post at a university or college must not be held at the time of application. Applicants with temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments can apply.
How to Apply
What is the procedure for applying for a KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship?
To apply for a KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, please follow these steps:
- Make a copy of your original academic qualifications or obtain one.
- Send them to your home university, and request that they:
- confirm that the photocopies are accurate and consistent with their records
- attest to the accuracy of the copies by stamping them with an official university stamp.
- place the attested, stamped photocopies in sealed envelopes with the Registrar’s signature.
- Send the sealed, endorsed envelopes to the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, attention Killam Postdocs, 6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver BC V6T 1Z2.
- Killam Postdoctoral Fellowships’ inquiries should be forwarded to [email protected]
Please check the official website for additional information about the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: