Applications are currently open for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023 We will go over the details of this scholarship program, its rewards, and the application process in this article.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded master’s scholarship available to overseas students. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program seeks academically gifted but economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the continent’s change via their leadership’s knowledge, attitudes, skills, and values.
- Program: Masters
- Deadline: August 31, 2023 / October 31, 2023
The Program is incomplete without community service and internships. The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program provides full scholarships to students who have been provisionally admitted to UP to pursue a postgraduate degree. Graduates must return to their home nations after finishing their education and contribute back to their communities.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Benefits
The recipients of the fully funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for Africans receive the following benefits:
- UP residence or UP-accredited housing for lodging and meals.
- Tuition in whole.
- A small monthly stipend is provided.
- For the length of the study, you will be covered by medical insurance.
- Books and other printed materials
- VISA fees.
- Opportunities for leadership growth.
- Reasonable travel expenditures to and from your home (including aircraft tickets).
- Academic assistance and counseling.
Courses offered include:
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Requirements
Candidates must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- African countries are eligible to participate.
- You must have been accepted into a UP program. To complete the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program application, you’ll need your student number, as well as your academic records and any supporting papers.
- Open to young Africans interested in pursuing postgraduate education.
How to Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
How can I apply for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship? To apply for a Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, please follow the instructions below:
- Online applications are available at www.up.ac.za/apply.
- You will need Internet access and a regularly accessible email address to use the online Application system. As soon as you submit your online application, you will receive an email with a student number (EMPLID) as confirmation of receipt.
- You may also send a paper copy of your application form to the following address: University of Pretoria, Student Service Centre, Hatfield, Pretoria 0028, South Africa
- Members of the relevant faculty will assess your application, and you will be notified of the results. The South African Qualifications Authority must verify the applicant’s certificate for postgraduate applicants. Visit www.saqa.org.za for more information.
- Go to www.up.ac.za/mcfsp to download the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship application forms.
Inquiries about applications should be sent to:
- [email protected]
- Tel: 012 420 4297
Please visit the official website for more information on Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023.