Don’t miss out on this opportunity to pursue your PhD with a fully funded scholarship from a globally recognized company. In this article, we’ll go over the META PhD Fellowship Program 2023 in detail, including its perks and how to apply.
META PhD Fellowship 2023
The Meta Research PhD Fellowship is a global initiative that encourages and supports promising doctorate students at accredited universities who are involved in innovative and relevant research in computer science and engineering.
- Application open: August 3, 2022
- Application deadline: September 20, 2022
- Winners announced: January 31, 2023
Foreign students can apply for the META PhD Research Fellowship Program, which is a fully funded scholarship for international students available only for PhD research. It covers tuition and fees for two years, as well as an annual stipend and conference travel expenses.
Fellowships are available in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. The available courses include:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video
- Instagram/FB App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking Applied Statistics
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
The fellowship winners will receive two years of tuition and fees, as well as an annual stipend and conference travel assistance.
META PhD Fellowship Benefits
The following are some of the benefits of the META PhD Fellowship Program:
- $42,000 in funding (one-time payment during each academic year)
- The academic year’s tuition and fees (up to two years/four semesters) will be paid.
- Conference travel assistance of up to $5,000 is available.
- Visit to the Facebook HQ for the annual Fellowship Summit on a paid basis
- Unless otherwise stated, tuition money will be paid to the institution and the stipend will be remitted directly to the fellow. According to local law, stipends are taxed.
META PhD Fellowship Requirements
Applicants for the META Fellowship Program must meet the following requirements:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- The work of the students must be related to one or more subjects (see research areas above)
- PhD students attending full-time in an approved university in any country who are currently engaged in ongoing research
- During the academic year in which the Fellowship is awarded, students must be enrolled.
- An Emerging Scholar Award is available to first- or second-year PhD candidates who meet the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector.
- The strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters will be used to evaluate their applications.
- Take a look at the terms and conditions for the contest.
Read the META Fellowship program’s Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply for META PhD Fellowship
What is the procedure for applying for the META PhD Research Fellowship Program? To participate in the META Fellowship Program, please follow the procedures below:
- Visit the application page to stay up to date.
- To apply, all applicants must make use of their Facebook account.
- The Applications must Contain:
- Email, phone number, and mailing addresses, as well as any relevant courses, should be included in a résumé or CV.
- 1-2 page study summary that clearly defines the planned research’s area of concentration, value to the field, and applicability to Facebook throughout the award period (reference the research areas)
- You must include two letters of recommendation with your application. Please supply email addresses for references, one of which must be from an academic adviser
- You will be requested to provide an email address for your references while filling out the application. An email will be sent to your references with a link to submit their letters. Please double-check the contact information you provide for your references.
- After entering information, the application will offer you to save or submit it. You have until the deadline to make changes to your application.
Please visit the official website of META Fellowship Program 2023 for further information.