Applications are currently ongoing for the Queensland University Law Scholarship program. This article will go through the details of the scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth.
Application Deadline: 15 May 2022.
International students are invited to apply for the partially funded Queensland University Law Scholarship 2023, Australia. This award is available for law students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree and it covers either 25% or 50% of the law component of a master’s degree program.
The University of Queensland’s School of Law is offering scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to enroll in coursework master’s programs in law, such as the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL), or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw), or dual degree programs.
The University of Queensland is an Australian public research university based in Brisbane and is Australia’s fifth oldest university, having been founded in 1909 by the state legislature. The University of Queensland is regarded as one of Australia’s top universities, as well as one of the most prestigious in the world.
The University of Queensland Scholarship’s goal is to encourage and support academic success among international students starting undergraduate law studies at the institution.
Over the years, the School of Economics and the UQ Foundation have formed a strong working partnership, with a rising number of international students choosing to pursue an economics degree at UQ after finishing their Foundation studies. Students who want a degree that will provide them with critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and strong analytical tools that they can use to a variety of business environments and industries are realizing the value of economics in a long-term career path.
The recipient of a Queensland University Law Scholarship 2023 will receive the following benefits:
- There are two undergraduate scholarships available.
- Two scholarships covering 50% of tuition costs and two scholarships covering 25% of tuition fees are available for students pursuing a Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL), or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw).
- Living expenditures, travel expenses, international health insurance, and the Student Services and Amenities fee are not covered by the scholarship.
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for the Queensland University Law Scholarship for International Students 2023:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Students from outside of Australia who have applied or are applying for admission to a postgraduate law degree at Queensland University but have not yet started.
- A student cannot have more than one scholarship at the same time.
How to Apply
How can I apply for Queensland University Law Scholarship for international students?
(1) Apply for LLM, MIL, MICLaw, or dual degree programs at Queensland University.
(2) Apply for a scholarship by submitting the online application form together with the required supporting paperwork once you have an existing application with Queensland University or have received an admission offer”. The required documents include:
- official academic transcripts
- two letters of recommendation
Please keep in mind:
- Scholarship applications that are incomplete or submitted late will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will hold a meeting as soon as possible following the deadline, and applicants will be informed in writing of their fate.
- Any scholarship offer is dependent on the candidate’s acceptance into an authorized law degree at The University of Queensland.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or need assistance.
Shortlisted students may be required to participate in a Skype interview.
Please visit the official website for further information about the Queensland University Law Scholarship.