The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program is currently accepting applications. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process in this article.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
International students can apply for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2023, which is a fully funded scholarship for foreign students. This grant is for PhD studies, and the recipient will receive up to $42,750 for an 8-month fellowship.
- Program: PhD
- Deadline: April 30, 2023
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program awards fellowships to PhD applicants from developing countries to pursue innovative, development-related PhD studies at a partner organization overseas for a 6-10-month residency period under the supervision of a study consultant.
Features of the Program
Professional Experience: Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers, receive training in cutting-edge research methodologies and technology, and interact with World Bank operations. They will have the opportunity to contribute to DEC’s published work and perhaps co-author with DEC researchers, join field missions, and directly connect with their clients, depending on the nature of the initiatives.
Capacity Building: At the start of the program, fellows will get a one-week technical onboarding, which will include instruction on reproducible research procedures. Fellows will attend frequent continuing education trainings and events during the program to further develop their abilities. Fellows will improve their abilities to identify, understand, and write about critical development policy issues by working with DEC economists.
Research Dissemination: Fellows will be asked to publish a blog on their fellowship study in collaboration with DEC researchers. This is an opportunity to highlight research and its contribution to policy conversations on development. The best four blogs will be featured on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog each year.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program Benefits
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- For an 8-month fellowship, the total cost is $42,750 net per fellow (paid in monthly installments)
- Because the fellows will be based at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., the World Bank’s Human Resources department will assist the chosen candidates with visa applications by sending invitation letters.
Note that the fellowship does not cover the costs of obtaining a visa, travel fees, or any other costs associated with bringing and/or supporting fellows’ families.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program Requirements
To be considered for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- English is a required language.
- Nationals of World Bank member countries are eligible, with a preference for nationals of developing countries.
- Graduates of MA-level studies in Economics or a similar discipline, or those currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years old (the fellowship begins on June 30th of the year);
- For the duration of the fellowship, you must be willing to relocate to Washington, D.C.
How to Apply for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
How can I apply for Robert S. McNamara Fellowship program? There are some vital procedures to follow in order to receive this scholarship:
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program application must be submitted electronically by the Application Deadline date and must include the following information:
- An attached resume,
- A statement of research interests describing your research interests as well as the DEC research programs that you are interested in.
- Contact details for a recommendation letter
- An optional writing sample
- An optional code sample
All necessary documents must be uploaded to the website. Any documents submitted by email, mail, or any other method other than the online application form will be ignored.
Please visit the official website of the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2023 for further information.