Applications are currently open for the Shanghai Government Scholarship Program. This article will go through the details of the scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023-2024 available for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs. This scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, housing, medical insurance, and a monthly living allowance of up to ¥3500.
International students who wish to pursue their academic program in Shanghai, China can apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023. The Shanghai Government Scholarship was established in 2006 with the goal of advancing international student education in Shanghai and attracting more and more outstanding international students.
You can also apply for Hubei Government Scholarship!
Studying in Shanghai is a fantastic opportunity, and SGS offers scholarships in China to non-Chinese students in a variety of fields. Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art are among the courses offered by the Shanghai Scholarship.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 is accepting applications for Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D students. Shanghai has opened its doors to fully funded scholarships in China, inviting outstanding students from all over the world to pursue Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D degrees on a full scholarship.
Shanghai Government Scholarship Benefits
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 offers two types of scholarships to the recipient:
- Full Scholarship:
- Exempt from paying the full tuition fee.
- Campus housing is available.
- Offer comprehensive medical insurance.
- Monthly Living Expenses:
- ¥3500 for the doctoral program.
- ¥3000 for the graduate program.
- ¥2500 for the undergraduate program.
- Partial Scholarship:
- Tuition fees are waived
- Comprehensive medical insurance is provided.
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 Universities List
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine
- Tongji University
- East China Normal University
- East China University of Science and Technology
- Shanghai International Studies University
- Donghua University
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
- Shanghai University
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- Shanghai Maritime University
- Shanghai Conservatory of Music
- Shanghai Theatre Academy
- Shanghai University of Sport
- East China University of Political Science and Law
- Shanghai Ocean University
- Shanghai University of Electric Power
- Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Shanghai Normal University
- Shanghai University of International Business and Economics
- Shanghai university of Engineering Science
- Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance
- Shanghai Polytechnic University
- Shanghai Dianji University
- Shanghai Institute of Technology
- Shanghai Business School
- Shanghai University of Political Science and Law
- Sanda University
- Shanghai Jian Qiao University
- Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences
- NYU Shanghai
- China Europe International Business School
- Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
You might want to check: MEXT Japanese Scholarship for Foreign students!
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 Requirements
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Applicants should have an HSK4 level of Chinese and meet the institution and program’s language requirements.
- Except for Chinese people, all countries in the world are eligible.
- Non-Chinese citizens can apply, as well as be in excellent health.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 23 to be considered for the pre-college program.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25 to be considered for the bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 to be considered for the master’s degree program.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree and be under the age of 40 to be considered for the doctoral degree program.
- Academically, applicants must be exceptional.
- Meeting the university’s and program’s entry requirements.
- Any applicant who has previously obtained any other scholarship from the Chinese government or other organizations is ineligible to apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship.
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship
How can I apply for Shanghai government scholarship? To apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship, please follow the step-by-step guidelines below:
- Applicant must register and apply online at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Submit an online application and download the application form.
- The applicant must register and apply online through the website of the chosen university (List of universities is given above). Submit an online application and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- After submitting the online application, download and print the application form. Send two sets of hard copies of your application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you applied.
- Required documents:
- Application Form
- Transcripts of academic performance (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Most recent diploma (notarized photocopy):
- A copy of the health certificate and a blood test are required. When entering China, bring your original documents with you.
- Passport photocopy, including all Chinese visa pages
- Certificates of achievement from your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee.
- Check your email box on a regular basis and ensure that your email address is correct; otherwise, you may miss some important information.
- The outcome of your application will be announced in both your application account and on the International Students’ Office website bulletin.
- Admitted students must bring their original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates specified in their admission letter. Your enrollment will be canceled if you do not provide the required certificates.
Please check the official website for further information about the Shanghai Government Scholarship.