The HAAA Scholarship Program is currently is open to Arab students interested in pursuing undergraduate studies at Harvard University in the United States. To promote its goal of increasing the number of Arab students at Harvard, the Harvard Arab Alumni Association (HAAA) established the Harvard Arab Alumni Association Scholarship Fund (HAAA Scholarship Fund) in 2010, the first of its kind at Harvard.
The HAAA Scholarship 2023
Today, the Arab world accounts for a very small proportion of Harvard’s student body—in 2013, only 118 students from Arab countries studied at Harvard across all of its colleges and degree programs, accounting for less than 2% of Harvard’s 4,000 global learners. The goal is to raise $10 million to assist economically disadvantaged Arab students admitted to any of Harvard’s schools.
- Program: Undergraduate
- Deadline: Admission Deadline
The HAAA Scholarship Benefits
The Harvard Arab Alumni Association Scholarship Fund (HAAA Scholarship) is a fully-funded scholarship available to Arab countries on the list of eligible countries.
Eligible Countries: The student must be a resident or national of an Arab country:
- Egypt 🇪🇬
- Syria 🇸🇾
- Iraq 🇮🇶
- Palestine 🇵🇸
- Jordan 🇯🇴
- Lebanon 🇱🇧
- Tunisia 🇹🇳
- Algeria 🇩🇿
- Morocco 🇲🇦
- Sudan 🇸🇩
- Libya 🇱🇾
- Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦
- Emirates 🇦🇪
- Kuwait 🇰🇼
- Qatar 🇶🇦
- Bahrain 🇧🇭
- Oman 🇴🇲
- Yemen 🇾🇪
- Somalia 🇸🇴
- Djibouti 🇩🇯
- Mauritania 🇲🇷
- Comoros 🇰🇲
The HAAA Scholarship Requirements
The Harvard Committee on General Scholarship will select the HAAA Scholarship recipients solely based on the criteria established by the Harvard Arab Alumni Association:
- English is a required language.
- Countries that are eligible: The student must be an Arab country resident or national.
- The student must have been admitted to a full-time degree program at any of Harvard University’s schools (e.g., College, Law School, Business School, Kennedy School).
- The student must demonstrate financial need as determined by the general scholarship criteria at Harvard University.
- Students with a prior degree (e.g., high school or college) from an educational institution in an Arab country will be given preference.
How to Apply for The HAAA Scholarship
How Can I Apply for the HAAA Scholarship? Please follow the link provided at the end to the official website. Here are some steps to take in order to be eligible for The HAAA Scholarship:
- Apply to any Harvard University school, and step two will take place ONLY AFTER you have been accepted to Harvard.
- Your school’s financial officer submits your application to the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships, which decides who receives the award. You are not required to apply to the HAAA.
Please visit the official website to learn more about The HAAA Scholarship 2023.