Applications are currently ongoing for the Turkey Government Scholarship program 2023. This article will go through the details of the scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Turkey Government Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs. The Turkiye Burslari Scholarship provides a monthly stipend of up to 1600 Turkish Liras (TL), as well as tuition, a return travel ticket, health insurance, and accommodation.
- Program: Undergraduate, Master’s, PhD
- Deadline: February 2023
Turkey offers scholarships to outstanding international students from all over the world to study in Turkey’s most prominent universities, in addition to giving worldwide educational opportunities and a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Turkey Scholarships is a competitive government-funded scholarship program that awards outstanding students full-time or short-term programs at Turkey’s best universities. Turkey Scholarships aspires to create a network of future leaders dedicated to improving international cooperation and mutual understanding.
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded higher education scholarship program for international students run by the Republic of Türkiye. The main goal of Türkiye Scholarships 2023 is to provide equitable chances to successful students all around the world so that they can receive a scholarship education that meets international standards. It also aims to strengthen bilateral collaboration between Turkey and other nations and to contribute to regional and global growth in a variety of disciplines, including academia, art, economics, literature, technology, and architecture.
Türkiye has been awarding scholarships to overseas students and researchers from all over the world for many years. In 2012, Turkey’s higher education scholarship programs were renamed “Türkiye Scholarships,” and studies were launched under the supervision of the Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities (YTB). All essential institutions, such as YK, Yurt – Kur, General Directorate of Migration Management, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, collaborate on Türkiye Scholarships.
Türkiye Burslari Scholarships are widely regarded as the world’s most comprehensive scholarship program, offering university and department placement, monthly scholarships, university tuition, health insurance, lodging, a Turkish language course, flight tickets, and free academic and cultural programs. Türkiye Burslari Scholarships allow international students to study and obtain scholarships at some of Türkiye’s most famous universities.
Turkey Government Scholarship 2023 Benefits
Türkiye Scholarships takes into account all that overseas students would need during their academic studies in Turkey while learning new skills. The following benefits will be provided to the recipient of the Turkey Government Scholarship:
- Unlike other higher education funding programs, this one includes university and department placements.
- Tuition fees are covered.
- permits you to study the country’s language with a one-year Turkish language course. As a result, your academic research is more diverse, and your daily life is more enjoyable.
- provides housing for students who are new to the country.
- helps you on your journey to Turkey and when you return home at the end of your study program, as well as covering your one-time flight ticket.
- With health insurance, you can take full use of a wide range of health services when they are needed.
- A monthly stipend is also provided. 1000 TL per month for undergraduates, 1,400 TL for master’s students, and 1,800 TL for PhD students.
Turkey Burslari Scholarships 2023 Eligibility
Türkiye Scholarships offers a variety of scholarship programs tailored to each educational level. It provides a wide range of qualifying scholarship possibilities, including long-term bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD scholarships, as well as research and merit-based scholarships, art scholarships, and collaborative scholarship programs with internationally renowned universities.
To be eligible for the Turkey Government Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria. Turkey Government Scholarship Requirements:
Minimum Academic Achievement
- For undergraduate applicants: 70%
- For graduate applicants: 75%
- For applicants of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- For undergraduate studies: must be below the age of 21
- For master’s studies: must be below the age of 30
- For Doctoral studies: must be below the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: must be below the age of 45
- Citizens of all countries are eligible to apply
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2023)
- Researchers and academics
- Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in programs at Turkish universities at the level of education they will apply for
- A TOEFL or IELTS (Test of English as a Foreign Language) certificate is required. The certification is an international standard that verifies your ability to enroll in an English-language course at a university.
- It is suggested that you present an official academic record that includes all certificates, courses, and grades earned during your academic career.
- You must submit a letter explaining why you want to participate in this scholarship program. If your Statement of Purpose has to be improved and the crucial key parts are lacking, you can be rejected.
- There should be no health issues with the applicants.
- Additional application requirements may apply to short-term scholarship programs; please review the requirements during the application.
Full-Time Scholarship Programs
These are bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level scholarships. Candidates should examine the equivalency and validity of the desired field in their home countries before applying.
- University and Department Placement
- Monthly Stipend Undergraduate: 1000 TL, Master’s: 1400 TL, PhD: 1800 TL
- Tuition Fee
- Turkish Language Course (1 Year)
- Health Insurance
- Once-off Flight Ticket (At the beginning of education and when graduating)
Undergraduate Scholarship Program: Applications for the scholarship program, which supports education in a variety of departments in engineering, social sciences, health sciences, and basic sciences, are accepted through the Turkish Scholarships Application System in January-February each year.
Except for associate degrees and vocational schools, almost all undergraduate programs are offered. You can conduct research utilizing the website’s search engine before applying.
Graduate Scholarship Program: At prestigious Turkish universities, master’s and PhD programs in the fields of social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering are available.
Except for the health departments, almost every area of study is available. Depending on the candidates’ educational backgrounds, the universities and departments from which they can choose may differ. Candidates are limited to the universities and departments available in the system.
Art Scholarship Program: The Art Scholarship Program of Ankara Music and Fine Arts University awards scholarships to overseas students studying musical sciences, performing arts, and fine arts at the undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral levels.
Within the framework of the Art Scholarship Program, the following departments can be applied for:
- Performing Arts
- Instrument Training (Undergraduate)
- Voice Training (Undergraduate)
- Music Sciences and Technologies
- Music Technologies (Undergraduate)
- Music Theory (Undergraduate)
- Music and Fine Arts
- Instrument Training (Graduate)
- Music Sciences (Graduate)
- Music Technologies (Graduate)
- Music Theory (Graduate)
- Musicology (Graduate)
- Voice Training (Graduate)
Merit Scholarship Program: The Merit Scholarship Program was established to:
- Encourage suitable candidates to study in Turkey if they have international academic and language competency documents.
- Create personalized sociocultural programs to meet the needs of qualifying pupils.
- Encourage Türkiye Scholarship recipients to work harder in their academics.
- Merit Scholarships are available to both new and returning Türkiye Scholarships students.
Those who meet the following criteria will be considered for the Merit Scholarship Program:
- Grantees of the Türkiye Scholarship who have been put in their programs with international language and academic proficiency documents that have been authorized by the President. (SAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, and so forth.)
- Those who excelled in their own countries’ national examinations
- Those that conduct study under the auspices of Scientific Research Projects (BAP), TÜBTAK, or with the permission of the Presidency
- Those who publish scientific articles in Science Citation Index (SCI), Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXP), Social Science Citation Index (SSCI), and Art and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)-indexed journals (AHCI),
- Those who have obtained a patent license
- Holders of Türkiye Scholarships with a GPA of 3.50 or higher at the bachelor’s degree level.
- Students who participate in the Merit Scholarship Program will get a monthly stipend that is twice as much as the usual payment.
Short Term Scholarship Programs
Success Scholarship Program (1 year): The Success Scholarship Program is a program established specifically for students who are currently enrolled in Turkish institutions on their own and have excelled academically.
Only a monthly stipend is covered by the Success Scholarship Program. The Success Based Scholarship does not cover housing or other fees. This scholarship is available to the student for one academic year.
- Undergraduate: 500 TL
- Master’s: 700 TL
- PhD: 900 TL
Research Scholarship Program (3-12 months): The Research Scholarship Program encourages international scholars and academicians to collaborate with Turkish academicians at Turkey’s most famous universities.
This program is also available to PhD holders and PhD students in the dissertation stage. Only a monthly stipend is covered under the Research Scholarship Program.
The Research Scholarship Program accepts applications all year long. Admissions and evaluations take place across four distinct periods.
- Stipend: 4000 TL per month
KATİP (8-10 months): The KATİP program is for international public officials, diplomats, academics, and researchers who want to study Turkish and have a better understanding of Turkey.
The Turkish Embassies and Ministries of Foreign Affairs in the appropriate countries make announcements and accept applications for the KATİP Program. Only a monthly stipend and housing are included in the program.
- Stipend: 3000 TL monthly
Joint Scholarship Programs
The Joint scholarship programs are scholarships granted to select underprivileged groups in the context of specific themes in collaboration with international organizations and other governmental institutions.
Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI) Scholarship Program: Since 2016, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has offered higher education scholarships to Syrian students in Turkey through the DAFI Scholarship Program, which is funded by the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative Fund (DAFI). In Turkey, YTB is the project’s implementing partner. Students’ monthly stipend, tuition costs, and health insurance are all covered under the scholarship program.
SPARK Scholarship Program: Syrian students under temporary protection are awarded scholarships at the higher education level in their countries of residency through the SPARK Scholarship Program, which began in 2020 and is funded by the Facility for Refugees in Turkey (FRIT). In Turkey, YTB is the scholarship program’s implementation partner. The scholarship program covers the students’ monthly stipend, tuition expenses, health insurance, and Turkish language study.
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program: Students to be jointly chosen by IsDB and YTB will be awarded scholarships within the scope of Türkiye Scholarships as part of the IsDB Scholarship Program, which was launched within the context of the protocol signed between the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and our Presidency in 2020. Muslim students from member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and other countries are eligible to apply. Students’ monthly stipends, tuition costs, health insurance, Turkish language lessons, and flight tickets are all covered under the scholarship program.
Yemeni Pioneers Scholarship Program: The Yemeni Pioneers Scholarship Program, which began in 2019 as part of a protocol agreed with the Veysel Karani Turkish-Yemeni Said Foundation, is a scholarship program designed to enhance Turkish-Yemeni ties and contribute to Yemen’s growth and stability. The scholarship program intends to provide education in areas of need in our country’s colleges, as well as to promote leadership qualities among students. Students’ monthly stipends, tuition costs, health insurance, Turkish language lessons, and flight tickets are all covered under the scholarship program.
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Scholarship: Five students are studying at Ankara University’s Intellectual Property Law Post Graduate Program without Thesis for one semester as part of a scholarship program run in collaboration with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), TÜRKPATENT, and Ankara University with our presidency. According to the protocol negotiated between TÜRKPATENT and our Presidency, these TÜRKPATENT-funded students are eligible for Türkiye Scholarships.
In 2017, our presidency was featured in the schedule. These students who will be sponsored by TÜRKPATENT are included in the scope of Türkiye Scholarships, according to the protocol signed between TÜRKPATENT and our Presidency.
Higher Education Support Program: Various support initiatives for Syrian students who continue their university study are organized as part of the program run in collaboration with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). In 2022, a team of 25 academics from 23 universities will give help and counseling to Syrian students with academic and social issues. Aside from that, ten universities will host training programs on conflict resolution and communication approaches for Syrian and Turkish students, scholars, and other university staff.
Studies are being conducted to develop an internship program in Gaziantep, which has been designated as a pilot province, to help Syrian students transfer to the labor market after graduation. Students in numerous areas can now benefit from an online education platform. A specific amount of pupils will receive pocket money assistance in 2023, which will be paid twice a year.
Türkiye Scholarships Baykar Technology Joint Scholarship Program: In collaboration with Türkiye Scholarships and BAYKAR Technology, a combined scholarship program in the fields of aviation, technology, space, and administrative sciences has been formed. Students from underdeveloped nations will be eligible for undergraduate and graduate scholarships in the fields of aviation, technology, and space beginning in the 2022-2023 academic year.
During the schooling time of 300 students, Baykar Teknoloji will cover monthly pocket money, housing expenses, and round trip flight tickets as part of the scholarship. Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Social Sciences, and Health Sciences are among the departments that will receive scholarships.
Young people from target nations who come to Turkey for higher study will gain an awareness of Turkey’s National Technology Move thanks to the scholarship program, and a bridge will be built between countries producing high technology.
How to Apply for Turkey Government Scholarship
To apply for the Turkey Government Scholarship, please follow the instructions below:
- Create an account on the scholarship’s website.
- Candidates must submit their applications individually at www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr.
- No institutions or individuals are permitted to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates should read the directions and warnings in the application system very carefully.
- Applicants must upload and submit all essential documents to the application system.
- Postal, courier, or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.
- The applications are completely free.
- Türkiye Scholarships combine both a scholarship and a university placement. Applicants will be assigned to a university and program based on their top 12 choices in the application method.
- Fill out the online application and upload the required documents.
- During the online application process, all candidates must submit the following documents:
- A valid National Identification Document or a valid International Passport.
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application).
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification).
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation.
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application).
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS, etc. if required by the chosen university & program).
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program).
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only).
Many courses are taught in Turkish at Turkish universities. Some departments and institutions, on the other hand, may offer English and other language programs. Candidates must be able to present an internationally recognized language competency certificate to be considered for such programs. (If the university has declared that TOEFL or other equivalent certifications are accepted.) The majority of these schools demand international admissions test scores (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). While selecting programs in the application system, candidates can verify the language of teaching.
Undergraduate candidates who have international qualifications such as the SAT or GCSE rather than national exam scores will be asked to provide the minimal requirements for finishing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarship recipients who do not have a C1 Level Certificate in Turkish Proficiency (including those enrolled in English or other language medium programs) must enroll in a one-year Turkish Language Course and complete the C1 Level Certificate before the conclusion of the academic year.
Please visit the official website for more information on Turkey Government Scholarships.