The University of British Columbia Scholarships for international students are currently ongoing. In this post, we will go over the details of these scholarships, their perks, and the application process in depth.
Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award and International Major Entrance Scholarships are the two categories of UBC Undergraduate Scholarships 2023. Depending on available funding, the number and level of international scholarships offered each year varies.
The University of British Columbia honors excellent students from all around the world by allocating more than $20 million per year to awards, scholarships, and other types of financial aid for foreign undergraduate students.
When suitable applicants are offered admission to UBC, they are given the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award, a one-time merit-based entrance scholarship. Students that are chosen for this honor have demonstrated academic excellence as well as activity beyond the classroom.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are given to outstanding international candidates who are applying to UBC’s undergraduate programs. IMES scholarships are awarded to students when they begin their first year at UBC, and they are renewable for up to three further years of study. Depending on available resources, the number and value of these scholarships provided each year varies.
The following benefits will be provided to the recipient of a UBC Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Depending on available resources, the number and value of these scholarships provided each year varies.
Candidates must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the University of British Columbia Scholarships for international students:
- English is required as the major language of instruction at UBC. Before being accepted, all prospective students must demonstrate a basic command of the English language.
- Countries that are eligible: Every country in the planet.
- Be a first-year student at UBC, having transferred from a secondary or post-secondary institution (university or college).
- Be an oversea student with a study permission to study in Canada at UBC (student visa). (Changes in citizenship status will have an impact on your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate outstanding academic success and intellectual ability, as well as noteworthy extracurricular and community activity.
- Not be considered for an International Scholars award based on need and merit.
How to Apply
How Do I Apply for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships for international students? To apply for these scholarships, please follow the application guidelines below:
- From here, you can create a new account.
- Complete your personal profile and apply to UBC. More information can be found here.
Please keep in mind: By February 15, you must submit papers demonstrating that you meet the English Language Admission Standard.