Applications are currently ongoing for the Yangzhou University Scholarship 2023. We will go over the details of this scholarship program, its benefits, and the application process in this article.
International students are invited to apply for the fully funded Yangzhou University Scholarship 2023 for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree students. These scholarships will cover tuition, housing, and a stipend of up to 2500RMB.
The Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government and China’s Ministry of Education jointly finance Yangzhou University. It is Jiangsu Province’s most important comprehensive university and one of the first to award both master’s and doctorate degrees. Yangzhou University’s origins can be traced back to 1902, when its predecessors, Tongzhou Private Teachers’ School and Tonghai Agricultural School, were founded.
Yangzhou University’s curriculum features a rich legacy in humanities, advantages in agricultural sciences, integration of sciences and humanities, and a harmonic development of each major discipline, all based on its slogan of being perseverant and self-reliant. On Yangzhou University’s campuses, there are currently approximately 25,000 full-time undergraduate students and over 11,000 postgraduate students, with over 2,000 international students.
Yangzhou University Scholarship 2023 will provide the following incentives to the recipient:
- Undergraduate: Tuition and housing fees shall be waived but other fees must be paid by all applicants.
- Masters: Tuition and housing costs shall be waived. Every month, 1500RMB is given as a living allowance.
- PhD: Tuition and accommodation costs shall be waived. Each month, you will be given a 2500RMB living allowance.
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for Yangzhou University Scholarships:
- English is a required language.
- Except for China, all countries in the globe are eligible.
- International students who have applied to Yangzhou University as undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral students.
- Undergraduate students must be at least 18 years old and under the age of 25 (by May 31st). Master’s students must be at least 18 years old and under the age of 35 (by May 31st). PhD candidates must be at least 18 years old and under 45 years old (by May 31st).
- There is no other scholarship like it in China.
- The funding period will not exceed that of a normal academic session. International students are required to attend Yangzhou University’s annual evaluation. Failure to pass the review will result in the suspension or cancellation of the scholarship.
- Yangzhou University primarily monitors undergraduate students’ attendance and academic performance, and submits detailed reports based on college remarks, awards, and punishment. Tuition and housing fees are waived for the following academic year if you have a 95 percent attendance rate and an average score of 70. Tuition is waived for the following academic year if attendance is at least 95% and average scores are at least 60. Scholarships will be suspended if attendance is below 95% or average scores are below 60.
- For graduate students, Yangzhou University primarily examines academic performance and supervisor comments before presenting full reports based on scientific accomplishments, awards, and punishments. Scholarships will be suspended for individuals who fail the review.
- Students who have their scholarship suspended will lose their scholarship but will be able to continue their studies at their own expense. In the current academic year, they can apply for an annual review and if the review goes well, their scholarship will be reinstated for the following academic year.
- Before the end of the first semester, Yangzhou University reserves the right to perform an internal evaluation of all scholarship students. If a student is found to have failed the evaluation, they will be removed from the scholarship program immediately.
- If a student violates Chinese laws and regulations, attends illegal organizations or activities, faces punishment, or other illegal behaviors, fails to participate in the annual scholarship review without justifiable reasons or fails the review for two times in total, their scholarship will be revoked and will not be reinstated.
How to Apply
How can I apply for Yangzhou University scholarship? To apply for Yangzhou University Scholarship 2023, please follow the application guidelines below:
- Complete the registration form.
- Fill in your details after selecting Yangzhou University International Students Scholarship and your field.
- Submit the application after uploading the relevant documents.
The required documents include:
- The Photocopy of Passport (Pages with photo and visa).
- The stamped Copy of High School Diploma.
- The stamped Copy of High School Transcripts.
- The Reference Letter from High School.
- The Valid Report of Chinese or English Language Proficiency Tests.
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigner.
- The Certificate of Non-criminal Record.
- The Letter of Guardian’s Authorization (For young applicants who are less than 18 years old).
- Insurance Application Form.
- Guarantee Statement.
- The valid ID card or passport photo page of the Guarantor.
- Scholarship students who are unable to register on time owing to personal reasons may request a one-month extension. Those who do not register in a timely manner will be regarded to have forfeited their scholarship.
- For scholarship students who are facing education suspension due to illness, a one-year scholarship might be reserved. During the schooling suspension, no living allowance will be paid. Scholarships cannot be reserved when students are unable to attend school due to other reasons.
Please check the official website for more information on Yangzhou University Scholarship 2023.